Hi guys, so due to poor to zero attendance in most of my classes, and in the interest of the best use of both your time, and my time, I am going to cancel class next week, June 3rd. If you would like to meet with me over the course of the week to ask questions about any materials, I will be around the building for most of the week so send me an e-mail and we will arrange office hours.
You have over a week to prepare for our review session, so take it seriously and come prepped both vocabulary-wise, and for discussions. All students of both first and second language, should come to our review class prepared to discuss the following questions based on our discussions this year. If you feel as though you do not know enough to discuss any or some of these questions, review the blog posts and you will find material to support them, or do your own research independently.
- In your opinion, has technology changed the way we live in the 21st century?
- Does the media influence how we see ourselves as individuals? How?
- In your opinion, what crime is the greatest threat to Polish society?
- Is Polish society tolerant towards the LGBTQ population? Will gay marriage be supported in Poland?
- How the holidays becoming increasingly commercialized? Will Poland experience the same materialism associated with the holidays which occurs in the UK and US?
- Is the death penalty ever justified? If so, which methods are the most humane?
- How has Poland changed since the introduction of democracy?
- Do you believe the church in Poland plays an important role in politics? Do you agree or disagree with the role of the church?
- In your opinion, are your rights respected in Poland? How free are you here?
- In what ways can someone’s human rights be infringed on?
- Do you believe assisted suicide or the right to die should be legal? In what cases is it acceptable to end your own life?
- Do you agree or disagree with the stance of the church against IVF- In Vetro Fertilization Treatment? Do you believe reproductive rights like IVF and abortion should be legislated by the state?
- Are the systems of education in the United States and Poland different? Which do you think is better, or more effective?
- Is immigration a positive or a negative for society? Do you think immigration into and out of Poland will become an issue in the 21st century?
Second Year, Second Language:
We still have a class left, Monday June 8th. This will serve as our review session so come at your own risk. For your review session, I would like you to complete several tasks. First, the oral review questions. Then, I would like you to familiarize yourself with the vocabulary on the media, crime, religion, and human rights as much as possible. I will be especially reviewing crime and human rights. Come prepared with questions on specifically words and phrases.
Second Year, First Language:
Our review session will be as planned, on June 11th at 10 a.m. I am still waiting on room confirmation, so expect another post closer to the date with the room. It is in your best interest to attend this session, as we will be very specifically reviewing for both our written and our oral examination. Please prepare talking points for the oral review questions posted above. Similarly, if you don’t know or remember, review our blog posts and do your own research.
I’ve attached the mock examination, complete it in your own time and bring it to the session- we will review any questions you have in addition to our regularly scheduled programming.
Okay, I know this is a lot of information. Check back here within the week and please e-mail me with any questions. Godspeed.